Out now on Soul Jazz a selection of five Studio One 12″ singles in very limited editions of just 200 copies. All of these have previously been released on 12″ by Soul Jazz before except one which was issued on a 10″. These retail at £9.99 each and are only available direct from Soul Jazz.
- Tommy McCook Orchestra — Sampson/Jackie Mittoo — El Bang Bang
This pairing were previously released on a 10″ by Soul Jazz. El Bang Bang was previously issued on a Studio One 12″ in the late 70’s but Samson was not originally issued in this format.
- Horace Andy — Skylarking/Ermest Ranglin — Surfin’
These were never released on 12″ first time round but did see release on a Soul Jazz Studio One 12″.
- Brentford All Stars — Greedy G/Sound Dimension — Granny Scratch Scratch
Greedy G has come out a couple of times on 12″, including a release by Greensleeves. This pairing was also released on a 12″ by Soul Jazz in 1998, probably their first Studio One 12″?
- Hortense Ellis — I’m Just A Girl/Jennifer Lara — I Am In Love
I’m Just A Girl was originally released on a Soul Jazz 12″ circa 1980. I Am In Love was not originally released on 12″.
- Willie Williams — Armagideon Time/Norma White — I Want Your Love
Another pairing that has previously only come out on a Soul Jazz/Studio One 12″. Armmagideon Time was also issued on 12″ circa 1979 with a different mix to the Soul Jazz version.