Dub Store are back with another five. Given the inclusion of a number or unreleased, or first time on single recordings, this batch are even more exciting than the first. All are issued on facsimile Crystal labels unless noted.
- Derrick Harriott – The Loser / Derrick Harriott, Bobby Ellis & The Desmond Miles Seven – Now We Know
The Loser is a rocksteady classic – number 56 in the DanceCrasher 100 best rocksteady tunes. The flip side is a different cut to the one originally issued on Move & Groove/Island single back in ’67 (see below).
- Derrick Harriott – Keep On Dancing/ Bobby Ellis & The Desmond Milles Seven – Now We Know
- Keith & Tex – Tonight / Lynn Tait & The Desmond Milles Seven – You’ve Caught Me
An all time rocksteady classic (and number 12 on the DanceCrasher rocksteady list) a good quality reissue is more than welcome. You’ve Caught Me is an instrumental version of the Melodians tune of the same name. This is released on a Move & Groove label like the original Jamaican press.
- Derrick Harriott – Do I Worry / Bobby Ellis & The Crystalites – Shuntin’
Yet another rocksteady masterpiece (number 23 on the DanceCrasher list). Released here with the same A/B side combination as on the original Crystal and Island (UK) releases.
- David Anthony – All Night / Derrick Harriott & The Crystalites – The Tickler
The Tickler is legendary as UK Sound System pioneers Duke Vin’s exclusive. This is the first ever issue on a 7″ and also features the David Anthony cut on the same rhythm (the latter was originally issued on Crystal and Island (UK) 7″ circa 1968.